UNBOXING the best new flat iron!

Hello everyone! 
For those of you who love a new hair gadget I've got an awesome blog post for you today. Recently, I was contacted by Irresistable Me asking me if I would like to try some of their hair extensions from their site. I looked at their site and was super excited as their clip in extansions look so amazing and natural and are such a good price, however I don't really use them as I already have ridiculously long hair (see pictures below). So they said that I could try one of their styling products. So after having a browse of the website I decided to have a go with the diamond flat iron* (retailed at the amazing price of $149!) as I'm long over due some new straighteners and these look right up my street. 



The diamond flat iron came in a lovely black box which made it feel extra special. I opened it up and was instantly in love with the funky red colour! Taking it out of the box it's super lightweight and has a really good length cord (25 metres long!), which is perfect for me as I really can't sit still when I'm doing my hair and I love to have a little wonder around - anyone else the same? 



Switching it on was really simple and had no need for instructions with a simple on/ off button and the green light switching on when it's on, and then plus and minus temperature buttons to control the heat, with the green light moving up and down as you get higher and lower. It also conviniently tells you when it's ready to use when by counting up the temperature until it has reached the correct one. And it heated up really quickly so I could use it pretty much straight away (thumbs up!)

I decided to try it out after having my hair in french plaits all day as my hair is actually naturally straight, so generally even the worst of straighteners will cure mine, so with this wavy hair from plaits I could give it a proper review. Here is what it looked like before, very wavy and crinkly at the bottom and the kind of hair that if you run a tangle teezer through it, it's going to puff out.






I sectioned out my hair and straightened it as normal (after putting on heat protection spray of course!). As I pressed it onto my hair it generally only took two swipes through my hair to make each strand straight, if not only one! For more curly hair, it my take a few more but probably not too many!  As I was straightening it was so clear how light the product is and how comfortable this makes straightening your hair, making sure that I don't get a dead arm from holding it up too long! 

  I love the final result! My hair is super straight as well as silky and smooth! It took barely any time at all to achieve this look so is perfect for those of you who are rushing around in the morning. My only criticism of this product would be that it doesn't come with a heat proof mat, which I see as an essential for any hair styling product to keep them from causing a fire or even just damaging surfaces. However the overall prouduct is definitely worth the buy! 
after

Let me know what you think of this post and if you will be trying this or any other of Irresistible me stylers. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin'!

Love, Yasmin xxx





3 comments :

  1. Your hair is so gorgeous! This flat iron looks lovely and works really nicely too

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome on you hair extensions are such an interesting concept to me!

    ReplyDelete