Life: Worry Guts

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry I've been a little bit off with my posting schedule for a little while, but I have been super busy completing work experience at Essentials magazine/ Goodtoknow.co.uk. As you can imagine my days are completely full and I'm not yet used to fitting in blogging with a 9-5 work schedule. But any way, here is a new post.
My work experience is one of the things that has actually inspired me to write this post. I wanted to talk today about worrying. Now this post is a little bit different because it's not really a tips or advice kind of post as I would normally do, but it's more just my thoughts on worrying, anxiousness and building things up in your head. 

I feel like we've all been there. There's something, whether that be an event or task or meeting or exam, coming up in your life that you know you have to do. You can't get round it, or if you can, you don't want to because you know it will be beneficial to you. As the days get nearer and nearer, it's literally all you can think about, You start coming up with all the worst case scenarios in your head, all the things which could possibly go wrong. Some are quite likely, others are completely random. Along with this you start thinking of ways that you could get out it, and then feeling guilty because you know that you need to do this. You try and talk yourself into why it's a good thing that you have to do this task, even though you're nervous. But still in your head you're just thinking... I don't want to do this.

This is exactly how I felt the night before I did my work experience. It's also exactly how I felt the night before all my A Level exams, before my job interview, before I started university and countless other occasions. A week and a half ago, I was sat on my bed crying to my boyfriend because I was so nervous about my work experience. The funny thing was, I knew I was being silly. I knew that it would be really beneficial for me and the likely hood was that I was going to enjoy it. And now with the power of hind sight (what a marvelous thing that is) I can totally say that I had nothing to worry about. And I can also say that for all the other occasions where I've felt awful nerves. So why do I still continue to get so worried?

I guess it's natural. My mum has always called me a worry guts. Even in primary school I used to worry that my short stories in English or my collages in art weren't up to the standard of all the other kids and that I was going to be disappointing my teacher. Strange I know. One of the things that has definitely made me feel better over the years is the realsiation that everyone feels exactly the same and everyone worries. When you're younger it looks like everyone is just breezing through life without a second thought, but as you get older you realise that there are just some people who are better at hiding it. 

One thing I've always been quite proud of myself for doing is not letting my worries get in the way of me taking up a good opportunity, no matter how scared I am to do it, because I know deep down I will regret it if I don't. I know that worrying isn't likely to be something that goes away and it's something that we will all have to deal with for the rest of our lives. I find that writing about it, in my diary (yes I keep a diary!), talking about it with someone close, or just trying to forget about it by listening to music or going to my calm place at the beach most of the time manage to keep the nerves at bay.

I hope that all of you take as many opportunities
as you can, and don't beat yourselves up for being worried about something - it's completely natural! Let me know of any experiences you've had with worrying, or any tips you have to keep it at bay in the comments, I would love to hear!
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you would like to see more like this please let me know. 

Don't forget to follow me on twitter, instagram and bloglovin'
Until next time,
Yasmin xxx

5 comments :

  1. I relate to this post so much! I worry about literally everything, big or small so it's nice to know I'm not the only one and that even though things seem scary, once they're done it feels amazing! My worst one was graduation but I got through it and had one of the best days of my life :)
    - Clare (stereo-clare.blogspot.co.uk) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to know that you're not alone!

      Delete
  2. This is definitely really relate able, thank you for sharing! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know im not the only one x
    http://selinsavvides.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/mini-lush-haul-and-intergalactic-demo.html#more

    ReplyDelete