Life: Double Choc Chip Cupcakes

Hello Everyone!
I'm back today with another baking blog post for you, which I have been absolutely loving doing recently. I have really been enjoying taking a basic recipe and changing it up my self to what I have in my cupboard or to what I fancy. Yesterday, I initially thought that I was going to just make some simple cupcakes, but somehow, I ended up with double chocolate chip cupcakes with a butter cream frosting, and I have to say (not blowing my own trumpet) but they were too delicious not to share with you. The best part of this recipe? They are so quick and easy to make, any of you can do it, even if you're a bit of a novice in the kitchen and you don't need any fancy equipment!

Ingredients (Cupcakes)
110g butter (soft, room temperature)
110g caster sugar
110g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cocoa powder
chocolate chips (as many as you like)

Ingredients (Butter icing)
140g butter
280g icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons of milk


Method

1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line  a muffin tray with paper cases (I used these adorable ones with pink polka dots on!)
2) Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy
3) Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder into the bowl
4) Beat the eggs and vanilla extract then add to the main bowl and beat until combined
5) Stir in chocolate chips
6) put the mixture into the paper cases and bake for around twenty minutes, testing if it is cooked by poking a knife into one of the cakes and seeing whether it comes out clean
7) Leave to cool before decorating or your icing will melt

These cakes are of course delicious on their own, but if you want something a bit extra, butter icing is perfect!
1)Beat the butter in the bowl to make it more smooth
2) Gradually add your icing sugar and continue to beat until all combined 
3) add some milk to make it extra creamy
4) put them on yours cakes! You can be fancy and use a piping bag, but I tend to just swipe it on with a knife
Finally I just popped some more chocolate chips on top. Et voila! Some light and delicious chocolate cupcakes perfect for any occasion 






I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you would like to see even more recipes from me, as I love writing about them. What are your favourite recipes?

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin'!

4 comments :

  1. Mmmm these look delicious =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are legit giving me cravings haha love these!
    Holly x
    Hollysbeautybox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so delicious. I'm lactose intolerant do you think for the frosting I could substitute almond milk instead of regular milk in the recipe?
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading recipe posts like these, especially when the recipe involved baked goods. These look amazing by the way!

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete